Today, the 1st of March, is Just Add Attitude’s first birthday. I cannot quite believe that a whole year has whizzed by since I started blogging. My memory of writing the first post is a little hazy. However I do remember, vividly, the post I struggled to put together on Easter Saturday last year. The fates conspired against me and everything went wrong (problems with the images, accidental deletions …) so what should have been relatively simple took well over seven hours. Hair-tearing-out stuff. I was very nearly an ex-blogger.
I enjoy blogging. However I have been on a steep learning curve as I am the least technical of people and everything took an age to come to grips with. There is still a lot I need to learn but I am going to take it step by baby step. Would I recommend blogging? Yes of course I would and here’s why.
- You have a record of things you have done and places you have visited.
- You are forced to think about the way you use words and to learn new ones. (A thesaurus is my new best friend).
- You learn new skills.
- You observe things that you might otherwise have missed.
- You get to connect with a marvellous and talented group of supportive fellow bloggers.
- You do things you might not otherwise have done. (An example, in my case, was going to a creative writing session last week).
So if you think you might like blogging why not have a go – you don’t have to make your blog public if you don’t wish to. You could just use it to update family and friends. I would incidentally, highly recommend my blogging platform WordPress.com; it’s excellent and it’s free.
This past year I have traveled to the south of France, Paris, London, Bath, Kinnitty in the Irish midlands, and to two different spots in the scenic west of Ireland. I have written about a host of different items from the Queen’s historic visit to Ireland to my reasons for liking Mondays. And my slightly expanded waistline is proof positive that I baked (for the blog) a number of calorific cakes. My personal favourite posts from the last twelve months are.
So on Just Add attitude goes: only three hundred and sixty four days to its second birthday. Yay for blogging!
THANK YOU FOR READING JUST ADD ATTITUDE