Yes, that’s me!
The date stamp tells me the photo was taken, obviously with my iPhone, on the 14th September 2012. I seem to remember I was trying to take a pic that I could use in the blog’s sidebar but never put it up. It’s a handy image to illustrate this post, given that I write JAA anonymously, as what with the sunglasses, the iPhone parked in front of my face, and the streaming sunlight I am unrecognisable. Plus, the blurry nature of the photo makes me look a zillion and a half decades younger than my real age.
There is an about section on JAA which contains ten random facts about me and as the blog is now five years old I decided to update it with a further ten. Here they are:
- I am indecisive. Epically so.
- I don’t wear perfume. Because at some point in the last five years, I can’t remember exactly when, I realised that each time I sprayed myself with a frenzy of scent I also sprayed myself with an unknown and possibly harmful mishmash of chemicals.
- A habit I wish I could give up: picking my cuticles.
- I like my hair messy . If it’s super sleek, and it rarely is, I don’t feel like me.
- I have a mantra bracelet with ‘Be You. Be True. Be Kind.’ engraved on it. I think it’s a good motto to live by. But I need to try harder.
- This year I am on the trail of wardrobe nirvana. I am decluttering: the aim is to only have clothes in my wardrobe that: fit me, suit me, and make me feel good.
- I no longer own a TV and I live very happily without one. However I do have a Netflix subscription so binge watching is often the order of the day.
- My last supper choice: a soya latte with a scone served with lashings of butter, cream, and jam.
- I enjoy cooking yet there are only five main course dishes I could make without referring to a recipe: fish pie, traybake chicken, a lamb casserole, any sort of pasta bake, and coq au vin.
- I like my own company which is fortuitous as I live alone.
I hope the above facts along with the previous ten that I put up a few years ago give you a flavour, should you be interested, of the person behind the blog. Thank you SO much for reading JAA: I appreciate a lot that you do.